Attorney: IP Litigation, Partner-Level
We have a unique opportunity for a seasoned attorney looking to work within a world-stage, mid-sized IP law firm. Based in our downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, office within the IDS Center, you will serve all sizes of businesses and clients in Minnesota, the Midwest, Montana and around the globe.
This is an excellent opportunity for a partner-level, entrepreneurial litigator with trial experience.
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk about what you can expect
- Support and collaborate with our litigation team in all aspects of IP defense and enforcement matters
- Work closely with patent and trademark prosecution groups to provide counsel on a variety of contentious matters
- Provide full-service IP counsel to address the complex needs of our clients
- Manage client portfolios, expectations and relationships
- Participate in expanding the firm’s client base—with the support of full-time marketing staff—and building your practice according to your own vision
Who you are
You are drawn to challenging, sophisticated work while developing both personally and professionally. You are interested in being part of a busy, growth-oriented team. You also have the following qualifications:
- 8 – 15 years in practice as a litigator with significant experience in intellectual property litigation, including patent and trademark infringement, trade secrets, contract disputes, false advertising and related matters
- Ability to work independently, as well as lead a team, to advance matters and opportunities to advocate for clients
- Experience working with a variety of clients with respect to company size and industry
- Passion for advancing clients’ business goals by exercising IP rights through available avenues, such as licensing, settlement, trial, or other remedies
- History of success in building strong client relationships, as well as new business and portfolio development
- Experience with takedowns on Amazon and other online retailers; modern brand management and enforcement; and related enforcement remedies is a plus
Is this you?
We’d love to learn more about you. If you are interested in joining Patterson Thuente’s team of IP professionals, don’t hesitate to apply.
We offer a casual work environment with competitive salaries, work-from-home flexibility, outstanding benefits, sensible billable goals, bonus opportunities and more.
Interested In Becoming A Partner?
In a partner-level position, you will be asked to perform elevated duties and responsibilities.
- Direct client interaction from the start with increasing responsibility thereafter
- Involvement in work beyond patent prosecution opinions, IP strategy, due diligence, etc.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field and 2+ years of experience
- Direct role in client management and growth
- Opportunities for global travel to meet clients where they work
- 5+ years of patent law experience
Patterson Thuente IP Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.