We have an available opportunity for a detail-oriented, tech savvy, service-first professional to join the accounting department at our mid-sized intellectual property law firm. Based in our downtown Minneapolis office within the IDS Center, you will help to serve all sizes of businesses and clients in Minnesota, the Midwest, Montana and around the globe.
In this role, you will play an important part in creating an exceptional client experience that emphasizes clear and prompt communication, efficiency and on-demand service.
What does success look like in this role?
A successful accounting associate will be efficient, have professional communication skills, a strong attention to detail, a willingness to pick up ad-hoc projects in the department and have an eagerness to provide the highest level of service to the firm and its clients.
Furthermore, you can expect to:
- Manage and process client billing for assigned accounts; assist with other accounts as needed
- Maintain accounts receivable records to ensure client information is up to date, credits and collections are applied, uncollectible amounts are accounted for, and miscellaneous differences are reconciled and resolved
- Perform daily cash management duties, including the recording and reconciliation of bank deposits; maintain merchant services account
- Maintain client trust account balances; perform routine balance reviews; recommend the refund of unused balances and process accordingly
- Monitor and collect accounts receivable through appropriate means to maintain accounts within the aging standards of the firm
- Manage firm credit card statements and classification of charges to general ledger accounts and collection of supporting documentation
- Support other accounting team members as needed
- Provide Reporting and assist with other tasks as requested
Who you are
You are a problem-solver with the ability participate in a team environment. You are someone who can maintain the confidence of the firm and its partners, with interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills driving your work. You also have the following qualifications:
- Related Associate or Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Related experience of at least 2‐3 years in accounts receivable (or accounts payable) role
- Experience in a law firm or service industry strongly preferred
- Understanding of basic principles of finance, accounting and bookkeeping
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of accounting software (ProLaw/Elite a plus)
- Superb time management and detail
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to keep firm and partner confidences
- Ability to participate in a team environment
- Ability to deal professionally and communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external clients on all levels
- Excellent customer service skills
Is this you?
We’d love to learn more about you. If you are interested in joining Patterson Thuente IP’s team of professionals, don’t hesitate to submit an application.
We offer a casual work environment with competitive salaries, work-from-home flexibility, outstanding benefits, bonus opportunities and more.
Patterson Thuente IP Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.